My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Everything Poker

We are starting to get a sense of where things are heading as far as the ban on internet gambling. We have seen several poker sites that have determined they are not going to let U.S. players play on their sites and we have seen several sites that say things are business as usual. The biggest question mark in my mind is the banking/neteller end of things and how I am going to make deposits into my accounts. Personally, I think Neteller is going to continue with business as usual through the new year, anyway. Neteller is what I use and so far it looks like nothing has changed or will soon and I should be able to continue to add new sites and be able to make deposits to them. Only time will tell.
___________________________________________
There is a sense of urgency to my poker playing now and, instead of playing the best hands to win the pot, I am still playing marginal hands to clear rakes. This is mostly due to the legislation that was recently passed regarding on-line poker. I am trying to clear my PokerSavvy bonus at Titan Poker and am starting to really donk off my chips. I already received an e-mail from Titan stating they would be closing my account but so far I am continueing to play as if nothing had happened. I am seeing other Americans playing, also. I am down to just about 4 days of playing to accumulate the 2500 Titan Points I need to generate 900 PokerSavvy points (equivalent to $90). I am playing a lot longer sessions in an attempt to clear the points and get the bonus. Thus I am staying in after I have lost a certain amount and am just reloading to keep on playing.

In the past I have had a stop number that when I lost that amount, I would quit for the day. That would help limit my losses and I would start the next day all refreshed and ready to kick ass. It has worked well in the past. I need to get back to that. I also need to win my first couple of hands and then I will have a cushion to play with while I accumulate points.

And the real kicker is I don't even know if they will honor the PokerSavvy bonus at this point.
________________________________________
At Royal Vegas Poker I am doing the same as above but I am getting a lot more bad beats there than at Titan. I am playing lower stakes but at one point I stopped raising A/Q, A/K, K/Q because it was like a red flag to a bull and at least 3 or 4 would call my raise with marginal hands but then get a great flop and I lose!

I found that if I limped in there would be less callers than if I raised. No Kidding!! As soon as I clear 70 more raked hands there ( just a couple more days of playing) I will get my bonus from there and probably close out that site. I haven't decided yet. I may just sit back and play really tight and see if I can recouperate some of this money I have lost due to playing marginal hands.
________________________________________
I'm looking forward to when my Royal Vegas Poker and my Titan Poker bonuses are done. I think I will slow down then and try to enjoy my poker playing and not play with such a sense of urgency that I end up donking my chips. We are getting a good sense of what poker rooms are going to let Americans play and I don't see that changing any time soon. There are at least a half dozen or more sites I can play at and accumulate SavvyPoints.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online