My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Hail to the Victors


Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan
the leaders and best
Hail! to the victors valiant
Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes
Hail! Hail! to Michigan,
the champions of the West!

My Michigan Wolverines won another one yesterday against our hated rivals, Michigan State. It wasn't a classic game but a win is a win and we are still undefeated going into a couple of tough games, Penn State on the road and Iowa at home.
_______________________________________________

I haven't played much poker this week-end. I like to play in the mid-mornings during the week. I work second shift so as soon as I wake up and get a cup of coffee in me, then I play. I have to admit that at nights and on week-ends the players are a lot more aggressive with a lot more raises and I am just not comfortable playing that way ............... yet. I am getting there and I know that if I play my game, I can beat them in the long run. When I play at night or on week-ends I tell myself that you are in it for the long run and just wait for your good hands and good position and then be as aggressive as your opponents.

Last night one dick is raising every hand and I am folding, waiting for a good hand and good position to take him on. Finally I get a nice hand and raise and, of course, he calls. Pretty good flop giving me top pair so I bet and he calls all the way to the river and then shows Ace/Ace. Damn, the one time he has a good hand I have to take him on. He left shortly after that so I wasn't able to get my money back from him. I went on to have a winning session by getting a couple of nice hands and being as aggressive as my dick opponent was so it turned out all right but I was really hoping he would stay so I could take some money off of him.

I like to think of myself as a TAG, a Tight AGgressive player but some may call me a rock. I tend to wait for good hands and I play them aggressively when I get them but I will, also, play small pairs (from 2/2 on up) in hopes of getting set. If flop is favorable I will play small pairs to turn and river.

_______________________________________________
Titan Poker is still letting me play so I'm not sure what the e-mail was about when they stated they were closing my account. I'm going to play there until they stop me as I really want to get enough Titan Points for my PokerSavvy bonus. Worse case scenario is that I get the Titan Points but Titan doesn't honor them as I am a U.S. player. I guess I am willing to take that chance. After all, I am a gamble, am I not?


1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Just love it when UofM wins! I'm from Michigan originally myself and always root for the Blue and Gold. Been living out here in Colorado for over 20 years now but still a Michigan fan at heart. When I'm not rooting for them, I'm cheering on the Colorado State Rams. They have a good team this year as well. I went to the CSU vs UNLV game on Saturday and CSU creamed 'em.

Just remember - a tight image is good and can buy you some credibility later on, however don't be afraid to get caught holding less than primo hands. You don't want to be know for just playing high cards.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online