My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Pokerbility Review

I see that a lot of Bloggers have the Pokerbility add on their sites. I’ll weigh in with my two cents worth about Pokerbility. I didn’t really care for it. I downloaded the free version and played with it for about 50 hands or so. I found it to be very undependable when reading my hole cards. It only worked properly for me a couple of times. The first time I downloaded it I couldn’t get it to read my hole cards at all. In fact, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and then it worked a bit better. It would always read the flop/turn/river cards but I couldn’t get it to read my hole cards all of the time. I did contact their customer support and was told by Kelly, “Hello - you simply need to register the software through one of our promotions at www.pokerbility.com/openaccount.” Which, in layman’s terms, meant buy the software or get licensed version via joining one of the Poker rooms they are partnered with.

Some critics on the software itself.

1. The biggest drawback is you can only use it at one table at a time and I was almost always playing two tables at a minimum. I did play one table purposely a couple of times just to use Pokerbility.

2. It was very big and took up a lot of my screen, too.

3. It can’t be used with a 4 color deck, yet.

I used it on Titan Poker and Royal Vegas Poker sites (both supported by the software) and I used the default settings. I thought it ran slow and oftentimes I had made a decision before Pokerbility had or I was running out of time and had to decide what to do with my hand. When it was working optimally the decisions it was making for me were ones I had already made or knew that was what to do with my hand. It did recommend folding some pocket pairs I got dealt (which I disagreed with) and I went ahead and played them in an attempt to get a set. This happened with pocket 5s and any pocket pair below that.

Overall I didn’t really care for it much and at $80 dollars I thought it was a bit pricey. I would rather spend $50 and get Poker Tracker and additional money for Heads Up display. I think Poker Tracker would be much more valuable to me than Pokerbility.

Overall I give it a -EV rating.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

I've yet to put it to the test myself. I asked a couple of other poker bloggers about it and they pretty much had about the same thing to say about it - it had a hard time reading your cards initially.

They originally approached me a few weeks ago asking if I would advertise them on my site. I asked if they would give me a fully licensed copy in exchange for advertising and they agreed. They sent me the code for a full license. Yet, since I was working on Sun Poker at the time and that software doesn't support Sun - I haven't used it yet. It's been difficult to find anyone out there who has reviewed it objectively who isn't an affiliate.

I also keep having this feeling in the back of my mind that I don't exactly feel comfortable that some piece of software is able to read my cards while I'm playing. So, until I read a few more objective reviews of this software, it's going to stay uninstalled for now.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online