My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Titan Closing Down on USA

I received the following e-mail from Titan Poker:

Dear Wolverine Fan,
Due to the recent passing of the Unlawful Gambling Enforcement Act by the United States Senate on September 30, 2006, and its imminent enactment as federal law, we will no longer allow real money gaming activities from United States residents.

We regret to inform you that, consequently, we are closing your gaming account at Titan Poker.

Your balance is available to you. You may access your account and request the withdrawal of such balance, subject to any conditions that might apply, including bonuses received.

We appreciate your patronage, and apologize for any inconvenience caused. We hope to be able to offer to you our services again in the future.

Robin Steele
ManagerTitan Poker
"Become a Legend at Titan Poker"

This one really hurt because I have been really successful at Titan Poker doing my Limit Challenge. I was able to turn $25 into $250 at Titan playing myLimit Challenge. I like the poker room, I have a lot of notes on the players, I see the same players a lot of the time, just everything was working well at Titan until now. It also cost me 900 PokerSavvy points which is equivalent to $90.

Thank you so much Bill Frist for thinking of me and my family.
______________________________________________
I just signed up for two MTT's at Absolute Poker. One door closes, another door opens. (At least I hope it stays ajar, anyway)
______________________________________________
I have to clear about 300 more raked hands at Royal Vegas Poker to clear their bonus. I figure that to take about 6 days, averaging 50 raked hands per day. I can only hope I have 6 more days at Royal Vegas Poker.
______________________________________________
After the two MTT's this week-end at Absolute Poker and clearing my Bonus at Royal Vegas Poker, I may have to step back for a little bit and see how everything is shaking out with the Anti-Gambling Legislation. By that time the President will have signed the Bill and we should have a good idea of which poker rooms are still going to allow United States Citizens to play. At that time I will determine what poker room I am going to play to get my next PokerSavvy bonus.

I am in such a hurry to clear the raked hands that I am playing a lot of hands that I never would dream of playing if I was in it to strictly make a profit. It has been a good lessen as I see how these marginal hands fail to hold up against raised hands and just the normal "good" hand like A/10 or K/Q, J/Q, 7/7, etc. I would like to tighten up some but I really want to clear the bonus before Royal Vegas Poker says, "See ya, Yank. It's been fun." I am down about $13 dollars so even if I donk off $50 and get the remaining $50 bonus, I will come out ahead. I would like to at least break even and get the entire $100 dollar bonus but that may not be feasible when playing marginal hands like I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online