My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Keep Raking those Hands

I have raked over 100 hands at Royal Vegas Poker so I need less than 150 more hands to clear my Poker Savvy bonus and acquire 500 Poker Savvy Points. I'll probably keep playing at Royal Vegas and try to get the 1000 hands cleared I need to earn my entire $100 bonus from them. Although I am down about $8 dollars, I think I should be able to make some money at the .50/$1 limit table and clear the bonus both. Hope to have that done by early October. Then I think I am going to try for the bonus at Seven Sultans Poker. It is pretty much the same as Royal Vegas so I shouldn't have any trouble clearing that bonus by Halloween.
I made a nice score on Titan Poker today. I was much more patient and my big hands hit to let me cash out up $21 dollars. I am still playing my Limit Challenge at Titan and I think I will keep it there as the Titan Bonus is a lot harder to clear than Royal Vegas Poker and having the Limit Challenge gives me more incentive to play there and to play well.

I had one hand in particular that netted me a nice pot when I raised preflop with A/K off and got two callers. The flop was 10/10/3 rainbow and both callers checked so I did a continuation bet and they both called. Now I was pretty sure neither had a 10 but wasn't sure if either had a pocket pair. The turn was another 10 and both callers checked and I bet again. This time one folded and one called. The river was an 8 and the one caller bet out. I was pretty sure he didn't have a 10 and figured if he had A/Q, A/J, A/10, I was good there but was still unsure if he had a pocket pair. He never reraised or check/raised so I figured I was good to go. The pot was too big to fold so I just called his bet and I took it down. He mucked so I'm not sure what he had but he left the table right after that hand so I'm thinking he had nothing and was trying for a steal.

I am getting to be a better player but I see I have a long way to go. Some hands I fold too early and others I call to the river and get burnt. Overall I am happy that I am progressing as a Limit Poker Player and know that with hard work and dedication I should be able to remain a winning Limit player.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online