My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Good-bye Crocodile Hunter - You will be missed



Sometimes things happen that are so sad and so unbelievable that it is hard to put them into words. That is how I felt when I heard that Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin had passed away. Steve Irwin was bigger than life. He came into our homes via Animal Planet and took the world by storm. He was so passionate about what he was doing and had such a zest for life that you couldn't help but like the man. He was living the fantasy that all little boys and girls have. Working with exotic animals, traveling all over the world, putting himself in harms way and doing it all with a zest, a passion that was wonderful to behold. He was a modern day Tarzan. He seemed to love life and he loved what he was doing and he was able to pass that spirit on to his viewers. He did a lot of silly things and his "Krikeys" got a bit old but he never faked it, he was always just Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter. I know my family will miss him very, very much and our thoughts and prayers go out to Terri and his children. He was a true friend to everyone, even those of us he never had the chance to meet.

Outside of my family there have been a few people that have passed on that has made me stop and reflect on who they were and how they lived their life and how their passing effected me. John and Bobby Kennedy, John Wayne, and Elvis Presley come to mind and now Steve Irwin is another. Some very special people that were taken from us too soon. I have shed a few tears for all of them.
___________________________________________________
I am slowly turning around my Limit Challenge at Titan Poker. My challenge has become a two edge sword of late. Not only am I playing to learn the game better and develop my skills but I am also using it to clear bonuses. Right now I am playing my Challenge at Titan Poker and am earning Titan Points as I play. I need quite a few more points to get my bonus but they are adding up slowly but surely. I played for about two hours today and made a modest profit of just $5 but I also earned 50 Titan Points. I only saw 10% of the flops which totaled to playing about 10 hands in two hours. Too tight? Maybe, because when I did raise preflop, several times I did not get any callers. I may have to loosen up a bit and play a few more hands but, if I do, they will be quality hands in late position.
____________________________________________________
I ended my trial separation with PokerStars and played .25/.50 Limit Holdem there after staying away for a week. I was able to post a modest profit but it could have been so very much better if I didn't have two people suck out on me with runner/runner for flushes. Both times I had the nuts until the river and I see they stay in with two shitty cards that were suited. I played real tight and folded early if I didn't have any part of the flop so when I did go all the way to the River I was playing with some quality cards and no matter how loud I shouted at my Monitor that I needed some red cards or black cards to avoid the flush, I was unfortunate two times in that my monitor failed to listen to my pleas and I was dead meat to two suckout flushes. I'll give it another go tomorrow and try to play the same way and hope that I can avoid any major suckouts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Poker4peace said...

I liked that dude too. He was fearless and loved what he did. Pretty cool.....

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online