My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Win, Lose, Go Blue!

I eked out another winning session in my Limit Challenge at Titan Poker. I cashed out the princely sum of $1 (yep, one dollar, no extra zeroes, no typo, just one single dollar, uno deniero, one buck) . I won a couple of hands and lost a couple of hands and was settling in for a nice session when the cable modem on my computer decides to drop the connection. I was unable to get it going in a timely fashion and I had a tee time coming up so I just figured I would call this a victory and push my winning streak to two games. Our Cable provider is suppose to come out and give us a new cable modem so this problem won’t happen again. We have been experience more and more trouble the past couple of weeks and I just know it is eventually going to die, never to be resuscitated.

Poker Stars bitch slapped me today while I was playing my Challenge at Titan. In just over a half hour I lost two buy-ins on Stars and I have been beating myself up ever since. It is too hard to win that money and then go and blow two buy-ins in such a short time. I was second best in any big pot I played in and when I had the best hand, everyone folded so my winnings didn’t amount to much. Thus, I did win some small pots but I lost some big ones where I raised and reraised only to come up with the second best hand. Variance, thy name is Stars.

I am looking forward top playing at Stars again tomorrow. I will have a lot more time to play and I will only play my premium hands and I know that I can win back what I lost today. I will be taking up my Challenge again tomorrow on Titan and I am hoping I can sit down for a good long session and cash out up more than just a buck. Cable modem willing, that is. As of 12:30P today, no cable guy had come out yet.

In 3 weeks my Michigan Wolverines play the Vanderbilt Commodores who finished 5 and 6 last year but had a great quarterback in Jay Cutler which probably accounted for ¾ of those wins. Historically Vanderbilt has not been that good a football team but things change and last year was one of their best. Losing their quarterback to the Pros and playing in the Big House on the road does not bode that well for the Commodores and the line on the game is at 25 points already in favor of the Wolverines. Vanderbilt, Central Michigan University, and then bring on Notre Dame!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online