My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Limt Poker Challenge Day 3


Now things are really getting weird. For the third day in a row I have done a smashing job on my Limit Poker Challenge winning another $12.85. Maybe I will be the Chase Utley of limit poker with a ‘hitting’ streak to rival his. Right now my streak is at 3 and counting. I have won $37 in three days and, although, I was suppose to move up in limits after winning $25 I have modified that now to $50 dollars. Why? Because I can’t believe this isn’t an anomaly and the bottom will be falling out of it soon. It is so hard not to gloat, not to get over confident, not to think, “Why haven’t I done this sooner?”. I am trying to take it slow and really determine that my game is good enough for these results and for this level before I move on to the next level. I don’t want to prove the Peter Principle too soon.

I have to admit that I have studied and practiced for over two months to get ready for this challenge and I even stated in one of my posts that I wanted to ‘blow it out of the water’ but I want to be cautious too because I will not accept defeat. If I move up too fast and have to drop back down a level in just the beginning then I will start having self doubts. I want to approach this with my strongest possible game and I think I am doing that. I am going over my hand histories and trying to find out what I have done wrong on some of my hands and am posting them on PokerSavvy Forums and the forums at FlopTurnRiver . I am thinking of putting them on 2 plus 2 forums , also, as I want to get the most feedback I can. That may seem like overkill but the hands are fresh in my mind and they are my hands that I am being criticized on so I will know why I did what I did and the help from fellow players will make more sense and be more personal.

I may put a short hand history on my blog but will reserve most for the aforementioned forums. Today I forgot to copy my stats but I know that the flops I saw was at 23% (10/44) which was much better than yesterday. I don’t think I played any small blinds and only one or two (out of 5) big blinds. I played for about 1 hour and won from the very beginning. I was up 8 dollars after just a couple hands and cashed out, after about an hour of play, up $12.85. I stopped for the third day in a row after I started playing not to lose instead of playing to win. I believe it has to do with doubling my money. I start with $10 buy-in and when I have doubled it up I hate the thought of pissing it away and cashing out with less than I started. Every time this has happened it has been around 1 hour of playing time and, although I’m no Ted Forrest, I can sit an play for hours on end so the time at the table is not a determining factor.

I folded some hands that maybe I should have played but they were in late position and on all but one I would not have won from the cards being played (but may have won because of my betting pattern or other reasons outside of what cards were dealt). The one time I had Jack/Queen suited in early position and folded and everyone else folded to the blinds. The small blind called and the big blind checked and a queen came on the flop. I may have won that hand outright with a bet there as both blinds checked the flop. Anyway, I will be back at it tomorrow and if my success holds, this week-end (Saturday) I will be moving up to the next limit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online