My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Monday, August 14, 2006

PokerSavvy, Detroit Tigers, and Limit Challange

Played in the PokerSavvy League MTT today at Titan Poker and finished a respectable 4th place. The league runs for about six weeks and the point leaders at the end have the potential of winning $350 for first, $200 for second, and $50 for third. Its still not too late to get in on the action. Just click on the link for PokerSavvy, sign up and download Titan Poker and the leagues play at 6PM on Mondays and Thursdays. By downloading Titan through PokerSavvy you have the chance to earn 900 savvy points which equates to $90 dollars. Go to PokerSavvy and find out what it is all about and then join the fun.
____________________________________________________
That was the look of my Detroit Tigers until they broke out of their five game losing steak tonight against the Boston Red Sox. The Tigers were in a genuine slump, losing five in a row and 9 of their last 12 games. They had lost a 10 game lead in their division this past week and today it stands at 51/2 games ahead of the Chicago White Sox and the Minnesota Twins. The Tigers have a rough stretch for the month of August and if they can get through this month with their lead intact then maybe they can go on to win the division. The months of August and September are the ones that separate the contenders from the pretenders and, hopefully, the Tigers have righted the listing ship.
Their hitting had abandoned them for the last five games but it looks like they broke loose tonight for seven runs. Also, they had let up too many unearned runs via errors and that needs to be addressed quick! Can't afford to do that coming down the stretch.
_______________________________________________
Chalk up anothe winning session in my Limit Poker Challenge. Today I cashed out another winning session of $8.50 and broke past the $100 dollar mark in my Limit Challenge. Once I get to $125 I move up to the $1/$2 level. I am clearing Titan Points as well and, although they seem slow to accumulate, they are starting to add up and I hope to reap the benefits of that within a month or two. I'll stay at Titan Poker as long as I keep winning and the points keep accumulating. Nothing special to report just nuts and bolt poker where I only play Sklansky's Holdem Hand Groupings of Group 1, 2, 3, and some of 4. I will always play pocket pairs (5 and above) from any position, and a few hands from the other groups in late position. Mostly it is just fold, fold, fold until I get dealt a good hand and then I try to play it aggressively to the River. I am learning and my aggression factor has gone way up from the way I use to play but there is so much more I have to learn and the Limit Challenge is the best way I can think of for learning poker lessons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online