My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I Shot an 81 for Eighteen Holes

I shot one of my best 18 hole round scores today, an 81 at Briar Ridge Golf Course after playing one of the worse nine holes of golf ever on Tuesday. I had 39 on the front and 42 on the back for a total of 81 strokes. My driving was excellent. My putting was very good. I only made two bad mistakes. On the 8th hole, a short par 4, I pulled out my 5 wood to just get the ball in play and pulled it into the water and took a double bogey. On the 12th hole, a par 5, I was 60 yards from the hole in two strokes and duffed two lofted wedges to end up with a bogey 6. If not for those two mistakes on two easy holes I would have shot in the 70s for the first time ever. I won't be playing again until Sunday so I am going to hit a ton of wedges and short irons in my yard to get ready for Sunday. If I can get my short game working I think I will have some good scores this year.

A very nice comeback from Tuesday when I shot a terrible round. I finally figured out what I was doing when I pull hooked the ball. My shoulders weren't square to my hips and that led to the pull hook. I went back to basics and started to take my basic stance making sure everything was square and I started nailing the ball right where it was aimed. What a feeling after pull hooking the ball for the entire spring!! Just go back to the basics and you can get any more basic than a good set up.

No poker today, just golf. Hope to play a few SitNGos tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online