My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Good Poker Week-end

Good Week-end of Poker
I had a good week-end of poker. I primarily played the $2.40 SitNGos at Absolute and was quite successful. I feel that I am every bit as good as the people playing them and probably better. I just had to prove to myself that I was ready to move up. I had taken a stab at the $2.40 game before with mixed results but felt if I was unable to really dominate the $1.20 and .60 Cent games, how could I justify moving up to the higher limits with better players. Well, I began to do well on the lower limit games and felt it was time to move up and I am glad I did. I have found that, for the most part, the players on the $2.40 SitNGo are just a bit tighter than the lower limits. With 9 players in all, two are still pretty loose and go out early and three play fair but still see too many flops, and then there are about four players that are tight aggressive and are the ones to beat. So far I have had a pretty good record. I just stay patient until I have what I feel is the best hand and then bet it up pretty good. My patience is what is my biggest asset as quite a few of the players will play too many hands and will find themselves shortstacked to myself and the tighter players. By not playing as many hands and getting the image of a tight player, when I do play I can win sometimes with less than the best hand as they think I would only be betting when I have the nuts. It also allows me to steal some blinds which helps build up my chip stack.
I’m going to keep at the $2.40 games for another couple of weeks to see if my success continues at the rate it is now. If it does I may stick my toes in the water of the $5.50 games and see how I do there.
I’ll keep you posted.

Golf is just over the horizon!
It looks like we may be golfing in another few weeks here in Michigan. Weather is suppose to get into the mid-50s all this week-end and if that hold and the ground thaws, we should be able to hit the links by early April. I am swinging my weighted club almost every day now and working on a full shoulder turn, starting the downswing with my hips, and bringing the club down on an inside path. I am really going to try to draw the ball this year but failing that, will just settle for hitting it straight.
If the weather warms up this week-end I will probably start assembling a new set of clubs to play with this year. I have some Calloway Acer iron heads and some nice rappaport shafts to put them on. I’ll add the grips and will be out on the links with some new clubs. I am hoping to get a higher ball flight with these clubs than what I am playing now. These clubs should play like Calloway X-16’s where the clubs I am playing now are like the Ping G3’s.

1 Comments:

Blogger SirFWALGMan said...

Nice blog. Keep it up. Keep being patient and grinding away.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online