My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

AM I THE FISH

I cannot win at Party Poker. That leads to my title, “Am I the fish?” I play at Party Poker only sporadically because I don’t seem to be able to win there. I have lost eight $6 SitNGos in a row at Party, after winning the first two I played. I have lost at Limit and No Limit games. Am I the fish at Party or is just bad luck or simply a bad streak?
I don’t really like Party Poker but that may be only because I haven’t won there. I don’t like the set up with the same “people” or avatars at the table. I like individualism like on Absolute Poker where I can have a picture of me, my loved ones, my favorite pet or even favorite sports team. Where the person’s picture makes an impression on me and I remember it next time I play him whereas Party Poker I can’t remember anyone because they all are the same. Or else I get a bias against one of the avatars because in a previous session a Maniac was sitting there and raising and reraising with nothing and now I always think of that person occupying that seat.
I have told my daughter that the money at Party Poker is hers to play with. The money was free anyway from Poker Source Online via Dugglebogey (Go Be Rude). Started with $75 free money that had to have 500 raked hands. I had it up to $150 at one time but now is down to $45 due to bad streak on SitNgos.

DROPPING DOWN IN LIMITS

I have no trouble dropping down in limits on the games I play at Absolute. However, I only play the $2.40, $1.20, and .60 cent SitNGos that one has to wonder if I am really changing the climate much by dropping down in limits on such low limit games anyway. I can tell a difference between the three types of players at each level of SitNGo but is it really that big of a difference? Frankly I don’t have that answer and any comments will be greatly appreciated.

I believe it was DoubleAs who wrote a post about “A year in the making: the development of a poker player”. In it he goes on to describe what he feels is the progression of a poker player through one year of development. . I feel I am in the latter parts of Stage 2: Learning to walk (months 3-6) and I am tottering on two legs at this stage of my Poker ‘career’. My two biggest weaknesses at this time are falling in love with my hands too much and acting too fast and not slowing down to think about what my opponent could have or does have in his hand. I have many other weaknesses but those are my probably my two biggest ones. I think I am in the latter stages of Learning to walk because I can do pot odds and I play pretty tight but probably still play too many hands. I will continue on working on my development and see if I can’t improve at a faster rate than DoubleAs progression.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online