My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Friday, February 24, 2006

Changing My Style of Play

I played in a $2 Multi Table Tournament last night on Absolute Poker and finished 75th out of 577 players. I missed the money by a dozen places as 63rd place was the beginning of the money in this MTT. I had mixed emotions about my play. I felt I played well for the cards I was getting. I was card dead all night and felt good to finish in 75th place. I was able to steal a couple of blinds and played one good hand that doubled me up. Other than that it was fold, fold, fold. The part I wasn't happy with was my style of play. I am trying to work on being more aggressive when playing. I have read Phil Gordon’s Little Green Book twice and am trying to emulate his style. My question is, “Can you teach an old dog new tricks?” or maybe I should say, “Can a leopard change his spots?”

I am going to work on being what I term, “Smart Aggressive”. That means to play aggressive but by doing it the smart way with quality hands and making sure I am in position and have a good read on my opponents. I have to make sure I know my Pot Odds and that I don’t over commit to my hand and can throw away that top pair or set when I get a read that I am not the favorite in that hand.

I am going to work on my game by playing low limit SitNGo’s and with the low buy in Multi Table Tournaments. So far I have been able to finish in the top ten per cent of the MTT’s and get back my buy-in over half of the time. As for final table, I have two Second place finishes and a fourth and fifth place finish, but I want to consistently get into the final table. When I can do that consistently then I can move up in limits and, hopefully, develop may game even more by facing better competition.

I’ll keep you posted on how I am coming along with this plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online