My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Done in by a 2 outer

I finished 6th out of 19 in the Britbloggerment 2 tourney on Stars. The hammer led to my demise and losing to a two outer finished me off.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)

Button (t2665)
SB (t3291)
Hero (t3903)
UTG (t9331)
ResdentEvil (t3793)
CO (t5517)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9h, Jc. I had been playing kind of loose and this was a hand I thought could develop into something and I was in position.
1 fold, ResdentEvil raises to t600, 3 folds, Hero calls t400.

Flop: Kd, 8c, Th (2 players)

BB bets t600, ResdentEvil raises to t1200, Hero calls t600.
I couldn't ask for a better flop than this as it was an opened ended straight draw.
Turn: Ks (2 players)

Hero checks, ResdentEvil checks.

River: 6c (2 players)

Hero checks, ResdentEvil bets t600, Hero folds.
This is where I made my mistake. I was already committed for a lot of chips at this point so I should have called this bet just to see what he was playing or should have raised here to sell a bluff.
Final Pot: t4125

ResdentEvil shows [2s 7c] (a pair of Kings).
Done in by the Hammer. A typical blooger move.
Outcome: ResdentEvil wins t4125.
___________________________________
This is the hand that I went out on.
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)

CO (t3390)
Button (t3166)
Hero (t1328)
BB (t10806)
UTG (t5068)
MP (t4742)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Td, Tc. All or nothing time. This was as good a hand as any.
1 fold, MP raises to t2400, 1 fold, Button raises to t3141, Hero calls t1103 (All-In), 1 fold, MP calls t741.

Flop: 3h, 8h, 2d (3 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: As (3 players, 1 all-in)

River: 9d (3 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: t7485

Hero has Td Tc (one pair, tens).
MP has Ad Jh (one pair, aces).
Button has Jc Ac (one pair, aces).
When I saw that my opponents both had A/J I thought I was going to triple up until the 2 outer on the turn did me in. I couldn't ask for a better all in than this with two opponenets having the same cards but, alas, it was not to be.

I may not be able to play next Sunday as it is Easter and we are going to daughter's house for dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online