My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Beautiful Spring Day

It was a beautiful spring day in Mid-Michigan. I played 18 holes of golf and shot an 85, 43 on the front and 42 on the back. I know I left some shots out on the course but overall was happy with my score as it is early yet and this was really the first time I had played specifically to record my score.
My putting was pretty good with one 3 putt. I did have a couple of par saving putts from the 7 to 10 foot range that helped save my score. My chipping was as good as it has ever been as most of my chips put me in position where the putt could be reasonably made.

I do have one area of my game that I have to work on. I was hitting my mid-irons one club longer than usual. When I was pulling out a 7 iron for my 150 yard shots I should have hit an 8 iron as my 7 iron was flying 160 yards or more. Same with my 6 iron. I was hitting it from 160-165 yards and I should have taken my 7 iron. Not sure if I am swinging better/smoother or if this was just a fluke. I'll go down one club next time out and see how it goes. Most times you are in better position if you come up short as opposed to going long so it shouldn't cause too much commotion if I'm not quite as long next time out.

My driving is doing quite well so I am going to stick with my lower lofted driver, which is 9 degrees, not 10.5 like I said in my previous post. Today, with roll, I was getting it out over 250 yards on several fairways. Not too shabby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online