My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

6th out of 577 at Full Tilt

I played a $5.50 Multi Table Tournament last night at Full Tilt Poker and I finished in 6th place to take home a nice profit of $144 dollars. The highest pocket pairs I was dealt was J/J until I got to the final table and then I got Q/Q and A/A. I was able to win with all 3 of them. For the most part I got dealt a lot of A/K and A/10 and suited connectors and they all seemed to hold up when I needed them to. I played very tight for most of the night and really tightened up in the last 2 to 3 tables and let the other more aggressive players take each other out.

The one thing I did a couple of times is really defend my blinds to let the table know that I wasn't going to be pushed around and I think that helped garner me some respect. The other thing that happened was that I won a couple of nice pots and, because they went all the way to the river, the table got to see what cards I was playing and when they saw that I was raising preflop with some nice A/K, A/Q and A/J hands they began to respect my raises after that. I didn't play a lot of hands but, when I did, I seemed to hit every flop. That really helped me to get deep into the tournament.

One hand in particular put me in excellent position after the first hour of the tournament when I wsa in the BB with Q/10 suited and the flop was Q/Q/9. I went all in and was called by one other player with pocket 9s. That hand doubled me up and made me the table chip leader with more than twice as many chips as anyone else. The person that doubled me up went on a heater after that and made the final table with me. I can't remember if he went out before me or not. Being the chip leader at the table (and in the top ten overall) allowed me to take down quite a few blinds when everyone folded to my raises.

The final table had all seven of us within $25,000 dollars in chips and two with lesser amounts. Almost every hand was raised preflop. What crippled me was when I called an all in for about 1/3rd of my chips only to have two others reraise all in which would have put me all in. I had A/K and I folded them, which was a good thing, because no Ace or King came on the board and pocket queens (I think) took one out and crippled another when he made his set. I never recovered from that and finally had to go all in with a lesser hand and finished in 6th.

It was so late when my play ended that I forgot to make printscreens of my finish. This is my best payout to date in an MTT.

5 Comments:

Blogger WindBreak247 said...

GREAT job with the FT finish!

I really really really need to make a final table in a "real" tournament. I've made two freeroll final tables, but never done better than third, and never made a final table in a buyin tournament.

I'm curious, though. You said you flopped trips on a QQ9 flop and doubled up against pocket 9s. Did you misspeak, or did you suckout? Cuz he flopped a boat and you're dead to the case queen or a 10.

Regardless, great job!

9:29 AM  
Blogger TripJax said...

Congrats, Sir.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

Big congrats!

2:14 PM  
Blogger Wolverine Fan said...

I mispoke, he had a pair of nines, not pocket nines. A couple of people at the table couldn't believe he called my all in with just a pair of nines against the queens. It really set me up in the tournament and he came back strong to make final table, too.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Yorkshire Pudding said...

Nice score! I've only play 1 or 2 of these games and they are definitely beatable!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online