My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Warning - Hand Histories with commentary

Here are the two hands that affected me the most on Bodog and gave me the feeling that Bodog is the new Party Poker since the Online Poker Bill went into effect.

Might as well get right to them.

Hand One: Bodog .25/.50 Limit Holdem (10 handed)

Preflop: Wolverine Fan is in UTG+1 w/ [Kh, Ks]
UTG folds, Wolverine Fan raises, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, LP folds, LP+1 3 bets, Cutoff folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB caps it. Wolverine Fan Calls, MP2 calls, LP+1 calls
I didn't mind capping the action here but I didn't like that there were so many in the pot. Someone has to have an ace which tops my Kings if one shows up. My Kings are better heads up or against just two others so having 5 players willing to cap was worrisome. I wanted to see low cards on this flop.

Flop: (pot=$9.50) [8d, 3d, Js] 5 players
SB checks, BB bets, Wolverine Fan Raises, MP2 calls, LP+1 calls, SB calls.
This is a good flop for me and I raised here in hopes that I could get some folds and narrow the field but I was unable to lose anyone. Not too worried as this is an uncoordinated flop with possible flush draw and my Kings are looking good.

Turn: (pot=$14) [7h] 5 players
SB checks, BB checks, Wolverine Fan bets, MP2 calls, LP+1 calls, SB raises, BB folds, Wolverine Fan calls, MP2 calls LP+1 calls.
This is where I should have slowed down and asked myself what hands could he have to check raise with. I'm going to call anyway as I am getting too good of pots odds not to with a $14 pot.

River: (pot=$20) [6s] 4 players
SB bets, Wolverine Fan calls, MP2 calls, LP+1 calls
No flush to worry about but the check raise scared me so I only called here instead of raising. My Kings are looking pretty good except for the SB may have gotten his set as his betting pattern indicated he was willing to cap with a pocket pair and maybe the flop or turn gave him his set. He didn't check/raise the flop but he may have waited until the turn so that he was getting double the money with his check/raise. I do that quite a bit when I have a strong hand after the flop.

So who did I lose to and what hand did he have?? Answer to follow Thursday.
____________________________________________
Hand One: Bodog .25/.50 Limit Holdem (10 handed)

Preflop: Wolverine Fan is in MP w/ [As, Ac]
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, Wolverine Fan raises, LP folds, LP+1 folds, CO folds, Dealer Calls, SB folds, BB folds.
This is exactly what I was hoping for as the dealer was a real lagtard and he had played every hand up to this point and called every preflop raise. He won some and lost some so his bankroll was staying even at this point. The only downside is you have no idea what kind of hand he is calling with.

Flop: (pot=$1.35) [9s, 8h, 6c] 2 players
Wolverine Fan bets, dealer calls
Flop is very nice for me. It is coordinated but with all low cards. If dealer is calling with high pocket pair or A/anything I am in good shape at this point.

Turn: (pot=$1.85) [5c] 2 players
Wolverine Fan checks, dealer bets, Wolverine Fan raises, dealer reraises, Wolverine Fan calls
I check raise here to try and get as much money out of the dealer as I can. He reraised me and that kind of took me by surprise so I only called it. On other hands when he was played at and didn't have anything he folded right away so now I have to believe he has a hand of some sort. He could have completed a set, pocket pair, or got the straight. He is the type that he could be calling with just a pair and trying to bluff me or extract as much money from me as he may think I have A/high card and his pair is good but I have a bad feeling at this point that my aces are getting cracked.

River: (pot=6.85) [9h]
Wolverine Fan checks, Dealer bets, Wolverine Fan calls
I just check here because I am still thinking he has me beat but I have to do the crying call to see his hand so I can gather all of the information I can on him.

What hand did he have? Answer to follow Thursday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Semi-Pro Poker Player said...

The games at Bodog are crazy. There are a ton of gamblers there. You can make some good money there, but expect some wild swings in your results there.

Given the wild games, it is really hard to say what hands you were up against, LOL, but I'll give it a shot:

1. On your KK hand, the SB either made a straight with T9 or has a set.

2. On your AA hand, I'll guess he was bluff-raising the turn with a hand like Ac8c and you won the pot. I would say that I would consider just check-call the turn rather than check-raising. While he was a lagtard, he could have a Seven. If he doesn't have it, check-calling the turn and river lets him stick around an bluff his chips off to you. You lose the least this way and it's a good way to stay out of trouble when you are either way ahead or way behind.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online