My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Best Round Ever and some Poker Stuff


I shot my best round of golf ever today. On a warm fall day, November 27th, 2006, at Briar Ridge Golf Course I shot a 76. My previous best was a 79 that I made earlier in the summer.

My round included 4 birdies, 6 bogeys, one double bogey and 7 pars. The double bogey occurred when I missed a 3 footer for bogey. I was doing everything well today. My drives were straight and far and I hit 8 greeens in regulation so I had some good iron play. My chipping was better than it had been all year and my putting was absolutely magical. The best I have putted all year.

In the last 3 days I have shot a 46 for nine holes, an 87 for 18 holes and today's 76 for 18 holes.
What a great way to end the year and now I am really looking forward to next year.
_____________________________________________________
I was a loser this week-end at Bodog with my Limit Challenge and I have to drop back down to the .25/.50 Limit Holdem from the .50/$1 Limit Holdem. I need to win $10 dollars before I can move back up. I am still in the Black and have earned 81 Bodog points so I only need 119 more to get my PSO bonus. So it wasn't a complete loss anyway.

I liked my play for the most part except for a couple of hands and I really can't say that variance did me in this week-end. My losses came mostly from Donkeys that called to the river to get their flush or gut shot straight. Or that ignored any preflop raises to call with 9/10 Suited or worse. I'll post a couple of hand histories tomorrow to show you what I mean.

I need to tighten up a bit more and push a little harder when I have the best of it. After 380 hands my VP$IP is right around 30% and it should be closer to 20%. That will give me something to work on this week.

2 Comments:

Blogger on_thg said...

Four birdies will make up for a lot of mistakes ... but you didn't have too many of those, did you? Congrats on the great round!

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job on the 76. I've been playing golf for at least 16 years now, and I just don't think I'll ever be any better than a 90-110 shooter. But its still fun most of the time.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online