My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

7 Sultans Challenge et Morte

My 7 Sultans Poker Challenge is dead. In the space of three days I managed to lose my entire bankroll ($7) on the 7 Sultans Poker site and have declared this Challenge as finished. I have no plans to reload at 7 Sultans as there are other sites I would rather put my money into to clear a new bonus.

Variance, bad beats and some tilt is all it took for me to lose my Challenge bankroll. I thought I was on my way but I played way too many hands and that is what essentially did me in. It was an excellent learning experience, though. Hopefully I will remember it for a long time as it was not a good feeling to know I had failed.
____________________________________
Why is it that when I am going bad, I go bad at every site I play? I played Limit Texas Holdem at Bodog Poker and 7 Sultans Poker and 1 Table SitNGos at Absolute on Friday and at every site I lost. Not only did I lose but I lost by the worse suckouts imaginable. I didn't get any quality cards at all three sites and when I did they would get cracked. I have to think that part of it is me but I can't make the guy holding A/6 (and gets his 6 on the river for two pair) not call my preflop raise when I have A/K suited and get an Ace on the flop for top pair/top kicker. I can't make him not call my check/raise. So is it all me or is it fate, too, or variance? Probably a combination of all three.
_________________________________________
My Limit Challenge at Bodog Poker is still on its way up. I dropped $4 yesterday but made it back plus more today. I am $3 away from moving up in limits now. The first three hands I was dealt on Bodog today were winners. A/Q, K/K, and Q/J suited all held up to put me up $7. I added another dollar to that and cashed out after about 30 minutes of play up $8.
_________________________________________
It was 50 degrees today in Michigan so I played nine holes of golf. I shot a 46 and was very happy with that because my downfall came on the greens as they were very slow and bumpy because of not being mowed in a long time and getting a lot of play. The course was packed which is good for the owners and it was the first time I had even swung a golf club in a month so I was very happy with how I was hitting the ball. I could very easily have had a 42 with just a couple of better putts.

I plan on playing again tomorrow as it is suppose to be just as nice as today was. May be my last golf of 2006.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Variance is a dirty, dirty whore.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online