My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Training Videos & Challenge Update

I have been on the internet trying to find as many free Texas Holdem Training videos I can. right now I am watching several at 2 + 2 Forums. A lot of the time the videos are quite boring but I try to keep a close eye on them as I am always picking up new information to help my game.

I especially like it when there is a good explanation as to why they bet/raise/fold during that hand. I am probably going to have to invest in some good training videos if I am going to move up in playing limits. I think the combination of watching training videos and reading the quality poker books will help make me a better player.
______________________________________
I have two challenges running right now, one on Bodog Poker and one on 7 Sultans Poker. My Bodog challenge is, in a way, a continuation of my original Limit Texas Holdem Challenge that I was doing when Titan Poker pulled out of the U.S. market.

I decided I would restart the challenge at the .25/.50 Limit and move up from there as I hit monetary landmarks. So far I am up $18 (including the $10 Bodog Poker bonus) and have to earn $7 more to get to the $25 dollar mark and will then move up to the .50/$1 Limit Holdem tables. In my first challenge I was able to turn $25 into $250 after about two months of play. Lets hope I can do that at Bodog.

Its a little early yet but Bodog reminds me a lot of Titan when I was doing my Challenge there. I will see the same players quite a bit so I am taking good notes on them.

My 7 Sultans Poker Limit Challenge is going to be just like the Bodog challenge except I am starting with lower limits. It is going to take me a bit longer to catch up to Bodog as I have to play the .10/.20 limits until I can get my bank roll built up to $15 and there are a lot of fish that call with any two suited cards or, sometimes, any two cards and oftentimes will hit the flop to break my good hands. I just have to be patient there and not try to bite off too big a chunk. I'll just slowly crawl my way up the mountain until I get to a higher level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online