My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

7 Sultans Challenge

I cashed out my deposit from 7 Sultans poker on Thursday and left $16 in my account to play around with. I was going to see if I could raise it up to a respectable amount. I was two tabling the .25/.50 Limit and .50/$1 Limit games and received a series of bad beats that put me on tilt. I had a set of 6s lose to a set of 10s, I had two pair A/K lose to a flush, and it just kept going. Well before you know it I had donked the whole $16 away. So much for building up a respectable amount to cash.

Well, today I remembered that I had built up a bit of Frequent Player Points or Loyalty Points (whatever they call them there) and I started to look into how I could use them. I found out you could use them on SitNGos but it looked like no one was playing any of the games. Finally I decided to join a Heads Up SitNGo table for 50 points. In no time another player had joined and after about 10 minutes of jockeying around I took them down and won $1.

I had enough points to play another so I immediately sat down and was able to take down another SitNGo when my flush beat my opponents pair of aces. Now I had $2 dollars!!

Now I had something to work with. We all have heard the story of Jesus Ferguson turning $1 into $20,000 at Full Tilt so I thought I would try to emulate him. I took my $2 dollars to a .10/.20 Limit HoldemTable and proceeded to turn it into $4.80!

I was playing extremely tight but still had lost .65 cents to blinds when I got Ac8s in Middle Position. I limped in and about 4 others did to. The flop was 10h, Ah, 8c. A very favorable flop but I am yelling at my computer that I didn't want to see another heart and guess what the turn was..................................yep.......................................a heart, the 8 of hearts!!

Now I had a full house and I was hoping someone else was in there with a Flush and a high Ace. We 4 bet the turn and the river was 4d and we bet out the river and I took down the pot to double me up. Now I was up to $4.35.

I played some more and I was down to 3.30 when I found pockt 5s. The flop had a beautiful 5 in it along with an Ace. What more could you ask for? There were 3 of us on the flop and just two on the turn after raises and reraises. I took it down with my set for a nice little $1.50 win. I played a few more hands after that and quit with my bank roll sitting at $4.80.

I'll keep you posted on how the 7 Sultans Challenge goes as I try to move up and turn my Loyalty points into some real money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online