My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Friday, September 22, 2006

VC Poker and Ryder Cup

I received this e-mail from VC (Victor Chandler) Poker on Monday.

Dear Wolverine Fan,
In respect of ongoing ambiguity regarding the legitimacy of online gaming for US citizens, we regret to inform you that all poker sites powered by Victor Chandler will no longer be able to service US accounts (i.e. accounts referencing US address details).


Further to the email sent to you on Friday 15.09.06, we regret to inform you that you have one day left to withdraw the funds remaining in your real money account by no later than 12:00:00 GMT on 20.09.2006. After this deadline your account will be closed.


The above letter references the first e-mail I received on Friday, September 15th. In August I had opened a real money account on VC Poker to get $10 dollars free from them to play with. I never played there at all as I was in the middle of my Limit Challenge and trying to clear Crazy Poker and Royal Vegas bonuses. When I was informed that I had just a few days left to get the money out of their account I thought, what the hell, it is their money to begin with I might as well have some fun with it.

I decided to play blackjack as I had not played any blackjack on any of the poker sites. I couldn’t lose. I put out a $2 dollar bet and promptly doubled it. I decided to double my bet and I got a pair of jacks so I split them and won with both. After about 5 hands I had turned my $10 dollars into $20 dollars and I decided to cash it out then.

On Monday of this week, I received an e-mail from VC Poker stating the minimum withdrawal was $25 and I was attempting to withdraw only $20. O.K. then, lets see if we can’t turn $20 into $25 by playing some poker. I promptly sat down on Monday night at midnight and turned my $20 dollars into $4 dollars playing .50/$1 limit poker. Since the clock was approaching 2AM I decided to call it a night.

The next morning I thought I would give No Limit a try with my remaining $4 dollars at VC Poker. I promptly built it up to $14 and then loss a big hand back to $4. I managed to work that up to $8 but it was a slow process.

Hey! How about trying Blackjack again?

I went back out to the blackjack tables and, again, I couldn’t lose. I was hitting blackjack, getting dealt all face cards and not busting out while the dealer busted and before I knew it I had $25.56 cents.

I promptly withdrew my $25.56 to my poker bank account and thought to myself, "I must be playing the wrong card game."
____________________________________________
The USA is trailing after the first day of the Ryder Cup but that is not unusual and it is closer than it has been in the past. Historically, if the USA can keep it within a point or two on Friday and Saturday, they usually win the heads up matches and can win the whole cup. The key is keeping it close and then getting out in front early on Sunday to put added pressure on the players going out later in the morning.

One glaring mistake was Tiger missing a short putt to halve the hole. Tiger Woods had not missed a 3 foot putt on the PGA Tour all year and he goes and lips out one in the Ryder Cup and that helps lead to his team's defeat in the afternoon match. Go figure...pressure?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online