My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Poker Bloggers and Life in General

The Poker Blogger Community
I read a lot of poker blogs. (I intend to extend the number of poker blog links to better reflect the blogs I read religiously) I have come across what I think is an interesting thing about the poker bloggers I read. They emulate life. That is there are bloggers that are losing their jobs or starting new jobs, Dugglebogey and Pot Committed. There are blogges that are starting new families, PokerSharks Cardroom and bloggers that are facing difficult choices in their marriages, A Chick and a Chair.
These people are letting us into their lives. Their triumphs and failures. Their victories and defeats. It is quite spectacular that they are willing to share the most intimate details of their lives with complete strangers. I think I am able to put down the intimate details of my life except for if something were to happen with my marriage between my wife and I (heaven forbid, nothing is on the horizon). That would be hard as I would see it as a failure on my part and I would have difficulty writing about that. I can write about my triumphs and my children’s victories but I feel I would have to ask their permission (which they would not give to me) if I were to write about any perceived failures in their life. I could write about death to my loved ones as that would be therapeutic. I guess the only thing that I would not write about is anything bad with my relationship with my wife of 24 years. Now that I have said that, watch me write something totally contrary to that in the next month or so.

Anyway, I want to commend my fellow bloggers for their willingness to share their lives with us. Not so we can live vicariously through them but to create that bond, that friendship from afar like the good friend you don’t see very often but would go out of your way to help them if called upon. That is how I see our Poker Community.

O.K., wipe the tears away now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pokerwolf said...

Three daughters and a marriage of 24 years?

Good Lord, WF. You're a lucky, lucky man.

Congrats. =)

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online