My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Monday, May 01, 2006

On the Bubble

On the Bubble
I am finishing quite a few SitNGos in 4th place, just one out of the money. Many times I am short chipstack and am going on Ace/anything to try to double up and get beat by better or marginal hands. At that point the large chipstacks can call with anything and often times it is a toss up as to who will win. Other times I am in second or third position as to chipstack and go up against someone that rivers a flush or straight or just has a better hand and I am out in 4th. Should I have not gone against them and hoped someone else would go out before me so I would be in the money? Or should I try to become the largest chipstack in hopes of taking the first position? I think you have to go for it. Keep your fate in your hands, instead of rolling over and hoping someone else goes out first. Bet, bet, and bet again if you have good hands. Only play good, tight, aggressive poker. You may finish 4th but if you do get into the money you will be in a better position for 1st or 2nd place.

I may change and start playing some ring games. I have to gage where I am at in my Poker Skills and I think you get a better read by playing ring games than you do by playing SitNGos. Just a thought.........

Club Change
No....not poker still, my change in golf clubs. Going back to my older clubs has had mixed results. I am about a club shorter with these irons but I do hit it straighter. Now I have to ask myself, which is better, longer and offline or shorter and at the target. I think shorter is winning out right now. In a couple of days I will go back to my other set and see how they work. See if I have worked out swing problem and have straightened out my pull/hook. If I have then new clubs will play better as they are longer, too. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online