My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Friday, June 27, 2008

I'm Back

I'm back from a week's vacation and another few days off of work. I was ready to give up this blog but decided I would just type away when I felt like it and about what I felt like typing about. I have always tried to keep it poker related but now will be putting in some posts about non-poker stuff.

This past Saturday may have been my one worse day at the tables ever. And I didn't even realize it. What a dweeb!!

I was playing on Full Tilt and I was multi-tabling the microstakes and I was being so arrogant and felt like I should be dominating these players that I forgot where my fold button was and only could find the raise/all in button. The culmination was when I raised PF w/ K/10 suited from the button as mostly a blind steal only to get called by the Small Blind and the Big Blind. The flop was a beautiful 9/J/Q with two hearts. I had flopped the straight.

Both blinds check and I raise and then the Small blind reraises, the Big Blind folds and I push all in. The Small Blind turns over A/Q of hearts and has a flush draw. The Turn was nothing but the river was the 7 of hearts and IGHN. That was when I closed down the tables and realized that I had just lost over $100 dollars playing microstakes.

Since then I have turned things around and have won back 2/3s of what I had lost. I just started to play smarter, found my fold button and waited for my chances where I had a better chance of winning than just a race. And it has worked.

Last night there were a ton of players buying in as short stacks then trying to go all in with any ace/rag or pocket pair. It was like shooting fish in a barrel. Just be patient and pick your times to call and lo and behold you find out they have nada and you have them dominated. The only time I called a shortstack all in with less than prime cards was when I had K/4 suited and went up against A/6. The villain flopped and Ace and a 6 but there was a 3 and a 5 and a 7 came to give me the straight and send them packing. By all accounts I should have folded and should have lost but I didn't and after that I went back to only calling with premium cards.
___________________________________________________
I was given a 10 pack of Summer Ales from World Market and I drank the Stoudts American Pale Ale from Stoudts Brewery in Adamstown, Pennsylvania. This is their Flagship Beer and has been their number one selling beer ten years running.

Beer Advocate rates it a sold beer and most everyone had very nice things to say about it. I can sum it up by saying this is a Classic American Pale Ale.

I really enjoyed this beer and would really like to have a few more of them but, alas, my 10 pack has only the one so I will be trying another different one tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online