My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Stacked times Three

I was stacked 3 buy-ins today at Full Tilt. Two were my fault and one was just bad luck running into a made set. I cannot seem to identify a set when someone has it against me. Not a very auspicious start for use of my new training videos from Grinder School.

I really can't blame Grinder School as the first two videos I watched by Spenda were just excellent as he took a tremendous amount of time to explain many of the bets he was making or not making and how he was playing his hands. He explained why he was folding and why he was or wasn't 3 betting and everything made perfect sense. It wasn't so easy when I was trying to put what I had learned into play today at Full Tilt.

I'm going to watch some more videos and try again in the next couple of days. One big difference I am going to do is make sure I have plenty of time for playing so that I am not "rushed" into trying to double up my buy ins. I think that was part of my trouble today as I had just a short time to play and I was pushing to make some money.

I think I may start taking some notes from the videos and discuss them in the forums or just have a journal that I can review to help me retain the information I am learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online