My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Resolutions

2007 was not a very good year for the Wolverine Family. We had a close death in the family, we moved over 60 miles away from my wife's childhood home and we were empty nesters for the first time ever. Too many changes in such a short while.

I am hoping 2008 is a better year for me and my family. It would start out great if my Wolverines could put a world of hurt on the Florida Gators. I can only hope that everyone on my team is finally healthy and ready to kick some Gator Butt!!

Some New Year's Resolutions I have are:
1. Lose weight. Every year resolution but I need to lose 30 pounds or more to get my cholesterol and blood pressure back to normal levels. I went crazy eating red meat last summer so now am eating a lot healthier.

2. Learn Spanish. I'm not sure why I am making this resolution but it seems like a good thing for any future plans I may have. Just one more thing that looks good on the resume.

3. Learn a new skill for my job. I have been basically stagnant the last 4 years in my job and I need to learn some more technical skills to make me more marketable.

4. Play better quality golf. Lately I have been putting quantity over quality and I need to hit the driving range more and the golf course less so that I can lower my handicap. This one is going to be hard to achieve as I'd drather play than practice.

5. Play better poker and win steadily. This one is going to be hard to achieve, as I feel I play pretty well now but I can't believe how many hands I lose on the river to two, three and four outers; to gutshots and flushes that I just can't get the villain to fold, and to sets.

I'll try to keep you up-to-date on how I do with these resolutions.
_____________________________________
Today's brew is Purple Haze by the Abita Brewing Company. They describe their brew as:
Purple Haze is a crisp, American style wheat beer with raspberry puree added after filtration. Therefore, you may see raspberry pulp in the beer. The raspberries provide the lager with a subtle purple coloration and haze, a fruity aroma, and a tartly sweet taste.

I thought the raspberry scent and flavor was very subtle and Mrs. Wolverine said she really couldn't smell or taste it. I thought this was a nice brew that I could drink daily. The Beer Babe gives it a favorable review and I agree with her when she says it really isn't a dessert brew as the raspberry is very, very subtle.

Brian's Belly gives it a favorable review, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rod said...

I looked up Purple Haze in the Beer Advocate and it got a C+ from 300 reviews.

However - it also had a standard Deviation of 19% meaning people really liked it or hate it.

I have not seen it around here and tend to steer clear of fruit beers - however - if I do see it I'll pick up a bottle!

On another note - did I start blogging subconsciously about Micro brews because of you? I think a friend actually talked me into it (well, not really talked, mentioned it under his breath more like).

Anyway I'm more of a Brown Ale/ Porter kind of guy.

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online