My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Friday, December 28, 2007

Still losing but ready to turn it around

I found a couple more ways to lose today but I am ready to turn things around. The biggest problem I am having is that I am playing microstakes and no one is respecting my raises. From now on I am going in with 5 times the Big Blind Raises instead of 3 times. That should root out those who are willing to call with 4/6 suited and stay in until they get their flush (this happened a couple of times today). If they call me after I go in with 5 times the BB then I must respect their hand. If everyone folds then I'll just add up the blinds and hopefully that will build my bank roll.

From now on only premium hands and I am not going to limp again but go in with a raise. We'll see how they like them apples.

I still can't believe how much the cards are going against me. I raise preflop with A/Q and get called by K/J and two kings come on the flop. I seem to be on a roll to see how many ways I can lose to a straight. I go in with A/Q and get called by K/Q and the villain gets Broadway and GG me. I go in the with A/K and get an ace on the flop and a king on the turn but lose to the Wheel on the river and GG me. I bet to take away the odds for trying for a gutshot or for a flush but some players have money to burn and they stay in hands no matter what and have been hitting way too often.

I was really looking forward to this Christmas break so I could play hours and hours of poker but I never expected to get beat by so many donkeys in so many ways.
________________________________________

Today's brew is Old Rasputin Imperial Stout brewed at North Coast Brewing Company of California. Their sites describes this brew as:

Produced in the tradition of 18th Century English brewers who supplied the court of Russia's Catherine the Great, Old Rasputin seems to develop a cult following wherever it goes. It's a rich, intense brew with big complex flavors and a warming finish.

Beer Advocate gives it an A- in its review and describes it as:

This put the stout in stout. WOW!!! Very black beer with a nice, dark brown head that left nice lacing on the sides of the glass. Smelled mostly of coffee and dark malts. Taste started with strong coffee with a bit of alcohol, followed by lots of hop bitterness. The mouthfeel is very smooth and creamy. This is a very good, strong, sipping beer. A few of these and you will be wrecked so watch out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online