My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

How many ways can you lose?

I still have 5 days to go before I can start whining about bad beats but I do have to ask, "How many ways are there to lose at this cursed game?" I had a very bad couple of days at PokerStars and Absolute on Christmas and the day after but I have started to turn it around today. I lost twice preflop when my all-in pocket Queens fell to A/K, once with a King on the river and the second time with an Ace on the flop. Can't fault either play by me or the villains. I lost to runner/runner straight where the river card was the gutshot he needed to beat me. Money was all in after the flop when he only had three cards to a straight at that time.

I lost twice to a really apologetic opponent that couldn't believe that he rivered the winning card both times after we were all in after the flop. Almost every loss I experienced was after I got my money in with the best hand.

I began to turn things around today when I happened upon a table that was the creme-de-la-creme of No Limit Holdem all-in races. Won big with my Pocket Rockets and my A/K suited all in preflops. I figured A/K owed me some wins after cracking my Queens twice so I didn't hesitate to go all in and they held up with Ace and King showing the board for top two pair.
_________________________
Santa brought me a 12 pack of Beers of America from theWorld Market store and yesterday's beer of the day was Avalanche Ale from Breckenridge Brewery of Breckenridge, Colorado. Their sites describes this beer as:
Subtlety. That's what makes our Avalanche amber ale such a treat. We blend pale and caramel malts -- and just a kiss of bittering hops -- to create a refreshing-but-flavorful, any-time beer. Aromas of pale grains, a semi-sweet middle and a clean-as-Colorado-snow finish make this our best-selling beer.
It gets about a "C" rating at most of the Beer Blogs like Brian's Belly and Beer Advocate and Beer Find It (at the bottom of the page. He loved it!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online