My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Chip Reese (3/28/51-12/4/2007) & Short Stack Concerns

David Edward "Chip" Reese (3/28/51 - 12/4/2007) was an professional poker player. The three-time World Series of Poker bracelet winner, longtime cash-game star, and member of the Poker Hall of Fame, has died of pneumonia. He was 56. (Cardplayer.com
________________________________________
Grinder says he is going to discontinue his Short Stack Experiment. He says "I think I am done with The Great Short Stack Experiment. I found out that, yea, in the long run I can make 3BB/100. But the problem is it just is not very entertaining to play 6% VPIP."

I think he is playing differently than I am. Much tighter and going all in when he has a monster hand. I am playing mostly 6-max in my Short Handed Challenge and am actually playing about 20% VPIP. I only go all in when I feel I have the best of it after the flop or if 3 bet into when I have a monster hand, i.e. Aces or Kings. I was able to double up my buy-in again today on Absolute Poker when I hit some nice hands.

I am running into another problem in my Short Stack Challenge and you will probably laugh at me but it is a real problem. When I am able to double up my buy-in playing Short Stack I am having trouble playing with the larger stack. I just keep thinking I don't want to lose my hard won profit. I should be thinking about how I can continue to grow this stack with my newly earned profits.

Again, don't laugh as this is a real concern of mine. I am going to either have to start increasing my buy-in or continue to keep playing with the larger stack and try to grow it even more. That is the only way I am going to earn any real money at this game. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Anyone else have this problem??

1 Comments:

Blogger bngolfn said...

Of course you don't want to lose your hard earned winnings, but you have to look at it as "found money" and try to double it again. The main reason to stay at the table is if there is a player you feel you can exploit. As soon as that person leave you should leave with your profit.

Another way to play would be tighten up even more after doubling up. That way you shift your style and if the table doesn't change much some of your opponents might not notice.

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online