My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Played a bit of Poker

I played a bit of poker today on Absolute and PokerStars. I am still playing $10 No Limit Holdem and starting with my shortstack. I would love to regale you on a couple of bad beats that happened to me today but I stated in a previous post that I had used up all of my Luckbox for 2007 so I cannot whine about any bad beats until the year 2008.

The good thing is that I was able to continue playing and make back what I had lost plus a little more so I ended my day with a small profit. The other good thing is that I am still buying in short so my losses weren't that devestating. I buy in at 30 or 40 times the BB depending what site I am playing at.
I am comfortable playing 4 tables, 2 on PokerStars and 2 on Absolute is how I usually roll. Or 2 on Full Tilt but I am taking a break from playing there as nothing seems to be going my way much at that site. I will play full ring or 6 max. I am comfortable at either one now. Absolute is always 6 max because there are just not that many full ring games going. PokerStars is almost always a full ring game. I guess that way I get the best of both worlds.
I set up one game in each corner of my 21 inch monitor and sit at one of the seats 2, 4, 6 and 8. the games overlap some but I can always see my Avatar and my cards. My monitor is really old and I can't up the resolution so that my tables won't overlap because if I go any higher in resolution my monitor starts to put out a high pitched whine, almost like a siren. As long as I can see my cards I don't care if the tables overlap.

Right before dinner I logged into PokerStars with the expressed intent of doing a Hit and Run. To me a Hit and Run is where you get a good hand and go all in hoping to double up and then you leave. I only had about 15 minutes to play before Mrs. Wolverine would be calling me to eat so I bought in with just $2 and sat down. After about two orbits I get AA and I raise preflop and get one caller. The flop brings just low card rags and I pop a good size bet out and the villain goes all in. Whoo Hoo!! Just what I was hoping for. I call and he shows J/J and my Aces hold up and I have almost doubled my stack. I don't want the other players to know I was doing a Hit and Run so I folded the next three hands which were all 3 terrible hands and then left.

Hee hee hee. I kill myself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO!! bloody hit n run merchants!!

I am suprised you still play at Absolute after that huge scandal, i am even more suprised they are still going!!

Anyway, i am back blogging mate!! My new blog is:
http://burnleymik.ukpokerscene.co.uk/

i would really appreciate the link-up!

11:33 PM  
Blogger Rod said...

I like AB but as you said - few tables and if you are short stacked the blinds will eat you on 6-max tables.

I've been playing 2 tables at FT with success short stacked Monkey poker.

I figure since I can not get money in OR out - what's the risk of AB!!

I still have 150 in WSEX but yipes - no tables there!

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online