My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Poker Gods favor me

I was playing .50/$1 dollar Limit Holdem on Full Tilt, trying to clear a bonus, and was down a few dollars after not hitting any flops with some good hands when I was dealt Ac Kh in EP. I raised was reraised by a LAG type player and I capped the betting. The flop was Kc 6d Jd so I bet and was raised again so I reraised and the betting was capped. I should have known then that I probably wasn't winning this hand. I had villain on A/J or A/Q. Turn was a 7D but I wasn't too worried about the flush as his betting pattern didn't indicate he was on a draw. River was a 6s and when the betting was all said and done, the villain showed As Ad which took the pot from my pair of Kings.

I don't know why I tilted but I did. It was probably because his betting indicated Pocket Rockets the whole way and I just wasn't getting away from my top pair/top kicker. This was the second hand that I hit a piece of the flop with TP/TK and lost so that probably contributed to my tilt.

Anyway, I was down a buy in and leaking more money as I reloaded and continued to play when I was dealt the following hand.

Full Tilt 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: HTML)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Ks, 7s.
2 folds, MP1 calls, 1 fold, CO raises, 1 fold, Wolverine Fan calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Jc, 8s, Tc (4 players)
SB bets, BB folds, MP1 calls, CO calls, Wolverine Fan Calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Qc (3 players)
SB bets, MP1 raises, CO folds, Wolverine Fan calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 9s (2 players)
SB bets $0.25 (All-In), MP1 calls, Wolverine Fan Calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

Results:
Wolverine Fan has Ks 7s (straight, king high).
MP1 doesn't show.
Outcome: Wolverine Fan wins 9.75 BB.


I shouldn't even have been in this hand and, because I was on tilt, I bet and bet and bet and ended up being a big luckbox and winning back most of the buy-in I had lost. That woke me up to what I was doing and I immediately left the table and thanked the Poker Gods for saving my butt.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. Nice suckout you tilt-monster!! haha.

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online