My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

7 Days without Poker makes one Weak

Wanted to thank Ms. Wolverine (my daughter) for her guest post. It was a fun one with the google fight.
_______________________________________________
Mrs. Wolverine and I had a nice relaxing five days on the Gulf of Mexico. It was very windy but all in all it was a nice vacation. We ate lots, drank a little and had a nice relaxing time together. Our most favorite stop was at Key West where we spend a couple of hours at Irish Kevin's drinking drafts and listening to Matt play all kinds of music from the Allman Brothers to Jimmy Buffet. We had a wonderful time.
_______________________________________________
There was very little poker on the Enchanment of the Seas. One night they had $5/$10 No Limit Texas Holdem at a converted Blackjack table where six people sat side by side to play with the dealer behind the table. I never saw anyone playing. They had a MTT with a $50 dollar buy-in and it was held at the blackjack tables. I didn't play any of their poker and didn't miss it much at all.
________________________________________________
Since I have been home, I have been playing at 7Sultans and am doing well. I have raked 83 hands and won $30 dollars. I need to rake a total of 250 hands to get my 450 SavvyPoints and I am 1/3 of the way there so should have it done by middle of this week. After that I think I am going to do Nine Poker.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

The 7Sultans? Is that a front for the Arab Oil cartel? Seems like the smaller, lesser know sites are getting action now. Lord knows where that money is being kept at.

Welcome back. Glad to hear you had a good trip.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Poker4peace said...

Welcome back Wolverine! Sounds like you all had a cool time!

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with the legislation which aims to ban credit cards as a payment method for online gambling of any sort... and i think it should be enforced worldwide – not just in America. In fact, gambling with a credit card should be banned full stop. Not just on the internet. It’s a no brainer when you consider you are placing backing the outcome of an uncertain event with somebody else’s money. Chance and credit do not mix well in my opinion, and continuing to allow it would only contribute further in negatively affecting the high levels of personal debt many citizens today find themselves in. I do however, think that the prohibition won't work; or at least it won’t be received well amongst gamblers - I mean what’s the point in banning a credit card payment made on an online poker game, for example, but continuing to allow online sports betting? Slightly hypocritical, no? I mean how can you allow someone to participate [with or without a credit card] in online horse racing betting, but not put any money on a hand of texas hold’em poker? both activities involve a large degree of chance, and neither are guaranteed to yield financial return.
What really infuriates me however, is that the minority of irresponsible gamblers [those paying with someone elses money!] have now ruined the fun of online betting for everyone else - those like me who pay with money they actually have in their bank!!
At least for the Americans there is always the free online poker games!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online