My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Monday, May 08, 2006

Missed Blogger Freeroll on Absolute

Missed Blogger Freeroll on Absolute
I did not play the Absolute Bloggers Tournament on Saturday night due to family obligations. My youngest daughter, Allison, is getting ready to take seasonal job in Jackson, Wyoming and will be leaving early Tuesday morning. Her mother wanted us all to do something together on Saturday night and my vote for the Blogger Tournament was not well received. The Vote for the Tom Cruise movie, Mission: Impossible III was the winner and so we went to the movies. Actually, it was a very, very good movie with lots of action and blowing up stuff.

Once again my Poker career takes a backseat to family (as it should). How does my significant other expect me to win fantastic sums of money if I have to fulfill family obligations?? Such a dilemma. My wife thinks she is giving in a lot when I play 4 hours of poker or more and golf for 4 hours or more in a day. Does she not know that I wear the pants in this family and that I will play poker or golf whenever I feel like it?? At least after I check with her to see if it is all right and if there is nothing else going on with the family. And I make sure she is not online with her military friends at Any Soldier?? (by the way a very nice website dedicated to our military personnel and one I highly recommend everyone look at and see if they can help in any way)

All kidding aside, my family will always come first over poker and golf. However, I am able to balance a full family life with my other two favorite pursuits. My daughters (of which I have 3) are all grown and the two youngest are still home but basically totally independent of my wife and I. My wife is very much into watching quite a bit of television of which she has several favorite shows. While she is watching her favorite shows I am playing poker online as I only have two shows I watch religiously, The Amazing Race and Survivor. I did watch the Redwings but that ended abruptly. Any other time I could care less what is on and would rather be playing poker.

Shot an 83 today

My golf game is like a roller coaster ride lately. Today I shot an 83 but yesterday it was more like 103. Most of it is due to lake of concentration and starting off on the right foot. If I can start out with a couple of good pars then my mind seems to be into the game and I play pretty good from there. If I start out badly it seems like I am rarely able to turn my round around and get back into playing well. I am in the process of working on that and trying to let a bad shot or bad hole go and not fall apart. For me, that is easy to say but difficult to do. However, I think I can turn this around as my game is rounding into nice shape and one bad hole should not throw me off kilter. Now I have to work on my putting. I have put away my Two Ball putter for the White Hot putter. I thought it worked pretty good today. Have to work on keeping my head still and judging distance better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online