My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

7 Days without Poker makes one Weak

It will probably be closer to nine or ten days without poker for me during the next week and a half. My youngest Wolverine and I are driving out to Jackson Hole, Wyoming where she starts her full time job on the 14th of January. We are going to leave on Sunday and plan to arrive on Tuesday. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday I will be a tourist at the Grand Tetons National Park, Yellowstone National Park and Jackson Hole.

It looks like the weather is going to give us a really unexpected break on our drive out there. The early January thaw is giving us clear saling for 1200 miles. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Right now Jackson Hole is getting hit with a half foot of snow and it is suppose to be pretty cold the next week. You'd think I'd have more sense than to travel from 10 degree weather here in Michigan to a place where it will be as cold or colder. Oh well, it will be a grand adventure with my youngest daughter and it will make her mom feel a lot better that she isn't driving out there on her own.

My daughter will have her laptop and I hope to post at least twice in the next week. I'll try to put up some pictures of our trip and of the Tetons. I'm hoping to partake in some of the local ales at the brewpub. My daughter says I should get the Moose Drool Brown Ale brewed by Big Sky Brewing Company.
They describe this ale as:

The name sounds a little iffy, but it's really the best Brown Ale you'll ever taste. That's why Moose Drool is far and away the best-selling beer brewed in Montana.
It's chocolate brown in color with a creamy texture. A malty beer with just enough hop presence to keep it from being too sweet. The aroma mostly comes from the malt with a hint of spice added by the hops. Moose Drool is brewed with pale, caramel, chocolate, and whole black malts; and Kent Goldings, Liberty, and Willamette hops. It has an original gravity of 13 degrees Plato, and is 4.2% alcohol by weight, 5.3% by volume.

I am looking forward to our trip and to being a tourist in a tourist mecca. I have my Tuque and Sorels and gloves packed. Our Cross Country skis are strapped to the luggage rack and we are headed west.

3 Comments:

Blogger junkbutton said...

1,200 miles, huh? I don't envy that... Be safe.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Rod said...

Moose Drool rocks - get the Brown Ale! VERY good stuff.

Also - take your laptop - all of Nebraska's road side stops have wireless - you can get 5 or 6 hands in on potty breaks.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Rod said...

BTW - we drove to Las Vegas last year - Nebraska is not unlike a lobotomy.

Love the drive EXCEPT Nebraska!

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online