My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Kiss of Death

It seems like making any comment in one's Blog on how well the game is going right now is like the Kiss of Death. A few days ago I wrote about playing the Prima Poker sites and how I was a winning player on Prima sites. Big Mistake!! Making any mention as to how my game was going seems like it was the kiss of death and now I can't seem to win a hand. I have been eaten up by Ace/Kings the last two days and my Ace/King garners me nothing. I have lost when my set of sixes was bested by a set of eights. I have lost when my set of queens was cracked by the 10/Jack/Queen/King/Ace straight. I have lost when my top pair was beaten by the rivered flush or the runner-runnner flush.

I know this is just variance rearing its ugly head but it sure doesn't take much of that to put one on tilt or to have you second guessing yourself, wondering if you will ever win at this game again. I have to admit that the tilt button did get pushed a bit yesterday but when I realized it, I backed off and quit. Today I started pretty good but was soon losing hands to some pretty lucky rivers and then I did tilt on one or two hands where I made the crying call, knowing full well that I was beaten. Oh well. There is always tomorrow.

Tomorrow I will sit down at my computer and fire up 7 Sultans and I will wait for the premium hands and play them as aggressively as I can. I have played long enough now to know that if I play the game correctly, I will be a winning player. I have no doubt that that last statement is the absolute truth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online