My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Warning - Hand History to Follow

The following is a hand I played on Poker Stars. I think it is a good example of two players playing the hand correctly with the outcome being................

PokerStars Game #5597918202: Hold'em Limit ($0.10/$0.20) Table 'Mirphak' 10-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: Player 1 ($3.65 in chips)
Seat 2: Villian ($3.80 in chips)
Seat 3: Player 3 ($3.55 in chips)
Seat 4: Player 4 ($5.85 in chips)
Seat 5: Hero ($4.65 in chips)
Seat 6: Player 6 ($2.75 in chips)
Seat 7: Player 7 ($3.55 in chips)
Seat 8: Player 8 ($6.30 in chips)

Player 1 : posts small blind $0.05
Villian: posts big blind $0.10

*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to Hero [Td Kc]
Hero: calls $0.10 I'm in early position but this is an OK hand to play. I'm willing to call a raise with this hand

Villian: checks Big Blind checks which is normal. Good play at this point.

*** FLOP *** [Qh Js 2s]

Villian: checks

Hero: bets $0.10 I have an open ended straight draw.

Villian: calls $0.10 Nothing unusual here.

*** TURN *** [Qh Js 2s] [Ac]

Villian: checks

Hero: bets $0.20 This completes my Straight. Not too worried about flush at this point.

Villian: raises $0.20 to $0.40

Hero: raises $0.20 to $0.60

Villian: raises $0.20 to $0.80

Betting is capped Now I am wondering what he could have. High Pair w/ ace now or a set? Still not worried about the flush as I have made it expensive if he is willing to try for it.

Hero: calls $0.20

*** RIVER *** [Qh Js 2s Ac] [Jc]

Villian: bets $0.20
Hero: calls $0.20 Jack worries me a touch but I have to bet this hand. No possible flush.

*** SHOW DOWN ***

Villian: shows [Ah As] (a full house, Aces full of Jacks)
Hero: shows [Td Kc] (a straight, Ten to Ace) The final jack did me in and made his hand.

Villian collected $2.35 from pot

*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $2.45 | Rake $0.10
Board [Qh Js 2s Ac Jc]

Seat 2: Villian (big blind) showed [Ah As] and won ($2.35) with a full house, Aces full of Jacks
Seat 5: Hero showed [Td Kc] and lost with a straight, Ten to Ace

I can't fault my play here as there was no indication that the Villian had pocket aces. He played his hand correctly to get maximum amount of money out of it. With just two of us, his limping ws probably a good play because if he raises he figures I may fold. Again, just calling on the flop was a good play by him for the same reason, if he raises I may fold and nothing indicates to him that he is behind. The turn is where he makes his set and he is feeling pretty good about his hand. I make my straight and I am feeling very, very good about my hand. The jack on river does me in as it makes his full house. Any other card at that point (other than an Ace) and I have won this pot.

I can't fault my play. That's just poker but it does hurt.

2 Comments:

Blogger jjok said...

I think you played this perfectly. Alot of people would raise on the river again, possibly capping it. You saved yourself 3BB not doing so, and that is solid.

His play on the other hand, has some bad traits. I won't say he misplayed it as much as he didn't extract enough in the beginning.

1. Limping from the BB is poor from the BB with AA.
2. His flop check-call is pretty weak too.

Well played by you.....

10:32 AM  
Blogger KajaPoker said...

First I have to say this is typical PokerStars hand history with the underdog on the turn winning on the river.

One thing to note is that he actually has 10 outs on the river. Any Q (3 left), J (3 left), 2 (3 left) or the last ace makes him the boat or quads. I think your play on the turn was correct and also calling the river instead of raising after the board pairs.

I think he got lucky with slow playing his AA like that. But 10 outs is not bad with top set after the turn...

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online