My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

PokerSavvy is back and a Golf Update

PokerSavvy is back. They were just having a little trouble yesterday but are good to go now.

Bloggers are posting update of Las Vegas trip. Click on my links for DoubleAs and others to start gettting an update on what was going on in Las Vegas during the WPBT.

Golf Update! I haven't played a competitive round since July 5th as my partner, Terry1, is on vacation. July 5th was a good round that should have been better. I managed to shoot an 82 after really blowing the first hole, a 7 on an easy par 5, and 43 strokes on the front nine and a double bogey on the 18th hole. I put together a nice run of pars and a birdie to go into the 18th hole shooting just one stroke over par. I screwed up on 18, taking a 6 on an easy par 4 to finish the back nine in 39 strokes for an 82. Respectable but if I could take back the first and last holes I would have shot my best round ever. Par on those two easy holes gives me a round of 78 and even a bogey on those two holes gives me an 80. Oh well, something to shoot for next time out with Terry1 which will be on Monday, the 17th.

I have been using the last week to work on my game. I am working on every aspect of it from the Driver to the Putter. The one area that is slow to come around is my chipping. I can chip 4 and 5 balls from the same area and be anywhere from right next to the hole to 10 feet long or 10 feet short. Not consistant at all. I will continue to work and work on that part in hopes that once I get it down, I can really lower my scores. The other thing I am really working on is my mid irons, 4, 5, and 6 irons. I tend to try to overhit them and end up pushing or pulling them big time. If I take a nice easy swing I get good results but we all know how hard that is to do in golf. I may come up short with an easy swing but at least I am in play and right in front of the green which gives me a chance for par or possibly a miracle birdie.

1 Comments:

Blogger jjok said...

In the Mook this evening? I need to find out who I'm donating my chips too......hehe

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online