My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Crashed and Burned

I couldn’t say this any better than Bloody P does. “On the poker trip, Mistress Variance took me for a 190 mph ride on the Autobahn last night and wouldn't let me wear my seatbelt. Or my goggles and scarf.”

I lost every possible way you could playing .10/.20 Limit and then .05/.10 Limit at Poker Stars. I lost twice when my full house was beat by a better full house and we aren’t talking small potatoes when my Eights over Aces beaten by Tens over Eights. Two pair Ace/Queen beaten by 7/8 Diamonds when he hung around long enough for a runner/runner to make his flush, after calling preflop raise with 7/8 sooted!! Twice my Two pair (Ace/Jack and Queen/Ten) were beat by straights when caller stayed with 2 gapper and 3 gapper (8/Jack and 7/Jack)!! It was freaking awful. My wife says to take some time off and regroup as, “You can’t chase luck.” I want to get right back into the saddle and take some time off after I have a winning hand. If I stop now I will only dwell on these awful, awful beats. I start to question if I am really cut out for poker, if I am the fish or the donkey, instead of the other guy. I question if I am really any good at this game when I feel that I am or can be with more practice.

I know I tilted some today and started playing hands that I probably shouldn’t have. That pissed me off that I tilted instead of stopping. It has been a very bad 3 days in a row at Poker Stars. I want to sit down and play tomorrow morning but I probably should take the day off to recoup and plan on playing again on Thursday. That would make more sense as one day away from the table is probably a good thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andres Silva said...

Some free advise (at least until they start charging me to hand it out) would be to listen to your wife. Take the time off, and dwell on it. After you crunch it around in your head a bit more you'll either come to the conclusion that you played it right and just happened to run into the guy with the surgically implanted horseshoe, or you'll maybe see that there could have been other ways of playing against the calling stations and revise your strategy should you meet them or someone like them again. Trust me, I know losing to the uber fish sucks ass. Especially when you're fairly certain you played it the right way. If nothing else, time away gives the steam a chance to fade off before you head back to the tables.

9:39 PM  
Blogger Pokerwolf said...

Do yourself a favor, Wolverine.

Don't continually question your ability every time you take a downswing. I know what you're going through sucks, I just went through it myself. But, hang in there.

Examine your play and see what you did right and what you did wrong. Remember, ultimately the cards decide everything. We can play "perfect poker" and still lose.

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online