My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Friday, June 09, 2006

Poker Challenge and 79 Strokes

Limit Holdem Challenge
I am in the process of starting my own Limit Holdem Challenge, similar to what
Poker Wolf and Sloe Times are doing. In fact I am going to copy Poker Wolf’s almost exactly. I hope to do it on Poker Stars site. I am planning on getting back into Limit Shape on Absolute Poker by playing the 6 Max .10/.05 and .25/.10 Limit Holdem games. I am going to use the rest of the month of June to read and reread Miller and Sklansky’s book Small Stakes Hold 'em: Winning Big With Expert Play and to play on Absolute to get in the best shape I can with my Limit game to complete this challenge and, hopefully, blow it out of the water.


I will keep you posted on how I do.

Best 18 Hole Score Ever
I shot my best 18 hole score ever today, a 79 (7 over par). My previous best was an 81 earlier this year. Basically I just carried my game over from the Wednesday rain out. I had a couple of birdies (one was a chip in on a par 3), a lot of pars and only two double bogeys, one on the front and one on the back. I was still putting really good and was getting my approaches, chips and lag putts a lot closer to the hole so I didn’t have a lot of those 8 to 10 foot par putts to salvage. Actually, there was only one longish putt for par that I managed to salvage. I have updated my scores in Game Tracker and my handicap stands at 11.46 strokes. My next goal is to get it down to 10 and then maybe, single digits by the end of the year. It all comes down to the short game and if I can keep hitting my chips close and my lag putts within tap in distance. If I can do that I will make a few birdies along the way and should keep shooting low scores.

2 Comments:

Blogger Andres Silva said...

Good luck with your challenge. I've found that it really does help to set up a goal with milestones like the ladder system. Since I'm strapped for time in the forseeable near future I've opted to do the SNG challenge since I can't put in the time at the tables to make the limit challenge work for me. Clearly it has it's ups and downs since I just busted back down to the $5 SNG from the $20 but it is giving me quite the refresher on NL poker so it's been a fun change of pace from the limit tables.

12:27 AM  
Blogger Pokerwolf said...

The hardest thing I've had to deal with coming from 6-max games at Absolute to full ring on Pokerstars is being patient.

There's A LOT less action on a full ring game than there is in 6-max.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online