My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Losing Session Today

Today I had my first losing session at .10/.05 Six Max at Absolute. I have been playing the Six Max tables to get ready for my Limit Challenge starting July 1st. Today I had a couple of beats that I can't really call bad beats but were bummers none the less. The first one was when I was on the BB and got K/9o and flopped K/9 for two pair. I kept betting and MP kept calling and he gets his 10 on the river to beat me with a higher two pair. Then I get Pocket Kings and raise them up preflop only to have one caller. The flop is all rags but two clubs, turn and river are clubs so I get beat by flush with A/K instead of taking down a nice pot. This sounds really dumb but if he's not holding clubs I break his Ace/King but, because they are clubs, he probably kept calling my bets. I managed to come back quite a ways but ran out of time as I had to get ready for work so wasn't able to turn things around into another winning session. So far my pattern is to lose the first couple of hands and be down about 1/3 of my buy-in and then I get real tight and start to bet quality hands and come back to make a profit. I am going to have to watch my early play and try to start off on a winning note and keep going instead of start of losing and make a come back. Must remember to only play when I have lots of time to make my comeback.

Music I'm Listening to while playing Poker
1. Frank Sinatra Live at the Sands
2. Bruce Springsteen - The Seeger Sessions
3. Rufus Wainwright - Cigarettes and Chocolate

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online