My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Reality Hits me up side my Head

Yesterday I was on tilt when I posted the two hands that took me out of a 45 player SitNGo on PokerStars. I posted the hands here on my site and posted the first one at Raise the River and I received some excellent comments from several people.

Getting beat by two 2-outers on the river in the two hands hurt. No denying it but should I have been in the position to get 2-outered in the first place? That is the real question. My play was less than stellar on both of these hands. The first hand, my A/K was only 43% favorite to win. I did flop a king and got rivered with the queen but, overall, I probably shouldn't have been in that hand. The second hand I went all in because I was short stacked and knew I would be dominated by A/? and, per Phil Gordon, that is a better hand to go in with than a hand with an ace and a small kicker.

The good news is that I must have learned something because I took down a 45 Player SitNgo on Full Tilt Poker for a nice little bankroll enhancer. I was lucky on two hands that allowed me to keep playing and win. I'll post those hands later tonight or tomorrow and let me know what you think of them.

My goal is to get better at Poker and the people that read my Blog and comment and the good folks at Raise the River who have commented on my posts have helped me become a better player.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the victory sir!!! Good work!

Yeah, I think it's great that you have been posting on the forum, because not only is it helping you, it's helping those who read and also those who are leaving the comments get to re-enforce the information into their mind, which will in-turn help improve their game, so keep them coming!!!

ATB

BM

5:57 PM  
Blogger Poker4peace said...

Congratulation!!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online