My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Friday, July 13, 2007

7 days without golf makes one weak


It had been 8 days since I last picked up my golf clubs so I was really excited to get out today and what a day it was. I shot a 39 on the front 9 and a 40 on the back for a total of 79 strokes on the par 72 course I am a member of. This ties for my best round of golf ever and, like the true golfer or poker player always laments, it should have been better. I had two double bogeys that I should have held down to just a bogey so I was just a bit away from my best score ever.

My driving was so-so and my irons and short game certainly were adequate but it was my putting that saved the day. I was rolling them in from everywhere. My putting made the difference of about 6 strokes or more for the round. I don't think I missed any putts from 8 feet or closer and my lag putting was spot on.
Maybe I should take a week off from poker.

2 Comments:

Blogger TripJax said...

I might be able to play the brit tourney on sunday. I'll check it out when I get home tonight. My only issue is i don't have any cash on stars right now.

If you would be able to trade whatever the buy-in is...I could send you the amount at full tilt if you send me the amount at stars.

Just email me with details if that will work. My email is on my blog...

11:25 AM  
Blogger Schaubs said...

Nice round! That putter looks like an old Ping Anser... I've got the newer version and it is great.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online