My Photo
Name:
Location: Lansing, Michigan, United States

I play my poker at Full Tilt, Poker Stars and Absolute Poker as LZFSB3. I golf at Prairie Creek Golf Course and carry an 11 handicap.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

High Stakes Poker

High Stakes Poker on the Game Show Network (GSN) had Mike Matusow giving all kinds of shit to Jamie Gold about his WSOP win. It would have been even funnier but Jamie Gold does have the WSOP bracelet and Mike doesn't. Hardly seems fair, really.

I have only seen two episodes and, to me, it looked like Jamie Gold was out of his element somewhat, although, he did make a couple of good plays according to host Gabe Kaplan (Welcome Back Kotter). One hand Doyle Brunson had a set of 7's (I think) and as he was deciding how to bet after the river, Gold says to him it's no shame to check. Gabe Kaplan jumped all over that one saying that Jamie was talking to the wrong man with Brunson.

The show is pretty entertaining with Matusow talking nonstop with Daniel Negreanu and Shawn Sheikhan adding their two cents worth. I hope to keep watching just to see Jamie Gold taken down a notch or two. I can't stand that guy and nobody in the history of poker had the typ of run he did to win his World Series brackelet.
_______________________________________________
I think I've gotten things turned around somewhat at Full Tilt Poker as I had a pretty good session yesterday and a nice session this morning. I cleared part of my bonus and with my winnings today I am back to even.

My No Limit game at Bodog has gone so far downhill I don't think I will even try to keep it going. I have been beat several times when Ihave gone in with best hand and then there were the times I clearly didn't have the best hand and kept donking off my chips anyway. Either No Limit is not the game for me or Bodog is not the site for me or maybe both. I've lost over $20 in the last 3 days at $10 Max table.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter
Kennedy Western University Online